Trauma-Informed Personal Training Certificate Program
The Trauma-Informed Personal Training Certificate Program offers certified personal trainers an opportunity to fine tune their practices to acknowledge underlying trauma that impacts the client’s ability to engage in traditional personal training methods.
Through embodied movement practices and interventions, healing can happen for clients impacted by trauma.
Our training program is grounded in the belief that if you work with bodies, then you work with trauma.
We aim to provide training on cultivating safety and embracing nervous system co-regulation.
We support body-inclusive programming and embrace a Health At Every Size®(HAES®) approach to healing through movement.
- Learn and gain new knowledge of trauma related terminology
- Learn the foundations of trauma-informed care
- Learn and understand the difference between embodied movement and traditional exercise
- Learn and gain new knowledge about trauma-specific assessment tools
- Practice, through experiential learning, how to assess for trauma in personal training
- Learn how to support embodied movement and enhance client self-awareness.
- Explore the impacts of fitness culture, trauma, and the trainer role in trauma-informed personal training.
- Receive advanced instruction on the neurobiology of trauma and the impact on embodied movement
- Learn about the nervous system and how trauma impacts someone’s ability to engage in personal training
- Understand challenges with nutrition and eating behaviors connected to trauma
Meet Your Presenters
Emily Young, LCSW-C, NSCA-CPT
Chelsea Haverly, LCSW-C
Other training programs have adapted a Sliding Scale Model to increase access to trauma-informed training programs. In an effort to support access to this training we are offering this training using scaled pricing and two-payment options.
*Adapted from the Somatic Experiencing Institute via expertise from Reverend angel Kyodo Williams*
Rebalancing Access Pricing
For those with more than enough financial resources and a desire to support access for others to help rebalance systemic inequity.
$1200 One Time Payment
$600 Two Payments
$450 Three Payments
Fair Access Pricing
For those with sufficient financial resources and who can pay fair value for their experience.
$1050 One Time Payment
$525 Two Payments
$350 Three Payments
Supported Access Pricing
For those with currently limited financial resources who will benefit from access supplemented by the community.
$900 One Time Payment
$450 Two Payments
$300 Three Payments
Special rates are available for organizations with 10 or more participants.