Trauma-Informed Personal Training Certificate Program
The Trauma-Informed Personal Training Certificate Program offers attendees an opportunity to fine tune their practices to acknowledge underlying trauma that impacts the client’s ability to engage in traditional personal training methods.
- Gain new knowledge of trauma related terminology
- Increase their understanding of embodied movement
- Understand basic concepts pertaining to trauma-sensitive/trauma-informed training
- Learn when to shift into trauma-sensitive or trauma-informed training vs. traditional personal training methods
- Understand the physiology of stress in the body
- Learn neurobiology of past trauma and the effect on the body
- Learn trauma-informed considerations for physical training programming
- Review trauma-informed training assessment tools
- Know when to refer out out of your organization
- Understand how to hold organizational and personal boundaries
- Learn how to navigate, recognize and assess undisclosed trauma
- Increase understanding of dissociation and how to recognize it in personal training
- Receive advanced instruction on the neurobiology of trauma and the impact on embodied movement
- Learn about the nervous system and how trauma impacts someone’s ability to engage in personal training
- Understand the body’s responses to trauma and how they show up in personal training
- Increase knowledge of trainer bias and trainer role related to working with traumatized clients
- Understand challenges with nutrition and eating behaviors connected to trauma
Meet your Presenter:
Emily Young, LCSW-C, NSCA-CPT
Emily is a Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW-C) and a Certified Personal Trainer (NSCA-CPT). Emily majored in Public Health at the University of Maryland, College Park and then graduated with her Masters in Social Work from the University of Maryland, Baltimore. Emilly’s career both clinically and within the personal training field has focused on integrating trauma-informed embodied interventions with her clients. Emily is a co-creator and the lead presenter of the Trauma-Informed Personal Training (TI-PT) Certification program through Hope Ignited Training. Hope Ignited is an evidence-supported and trauma specific training company that specializes in connecting providers and businesses to trauma-specific approaches to business administration and service provision. This certification program has been peer-reviewed as an evidence-supported training program and is under review for continued education units.
Emily’s professional career as a Certified Clinical Trauma Professional grounds her from a unique foundational perspective to train other personal trainers to become skilled in assessing trauma and becoming a Trauma-Informed Personal Trainer. Emily currently works for Anchored Hope Therapy, a highly specialized trauma-specific mental health private practice in Annapolis, Maryland. She is the in-house specialist for Grief and Trauma Therapy. She also holds certificates in Complicated Grief Therapy, Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, and Dialectical Behavior Therapy. As a personal trainer, Emily holds certificates in program design through the Brookbush Institute and TRX Functional Training through TRX, and is a Stand Up Paddle Board Instructor. She integrates evidence-supported training methods with her clients with the knowledge and skill-set to also assess how trauma impacts the personal training relationship.
Emily believes cultivating awareness of embodied movement and integrating trauma history assessments within the traditional personal training dynamic is important for quality client care. Emily is passionate about supporting and teaching trainers in understanding the impact of trauma on the body and how the traumatized body moves and engages both in the world and within the personal training relationship. In her career as a Personal Trainer, Emily strives to combine her professional skills and specializes in working with clients who have experienced complex trauma.
Per Level = $499
All 3 levels = $1200 bundle price (savings of $297)
Special rates are available for organizations with 10 or more participants.